Sunday, August 30, 2009

Goals.

“Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
- Muhammad Ali



Today I'll be documenting my goals. I have tried to make my goals realistic and I hope to not only meet my goals, but exceed them. These are all that I plan to accomplish during this rotation of P90X.


1). Lose 50lbs.--No, it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it is a start.


2). To complete 25 perfect form push ups. As you can imagine, push ups are not easy for a guy like me, but they are a great exercise. And fortunately, this program forces me to do a lot of them. And if I lose weight, they'll be easier to do!


3). To complete 5 standard pull ups without assistance. Again, this isn't a large number, but considering the fact that I cannot do even 1 right now shows the need for such a low number.


4). COMPLETE THE PROGRAM. This is roughly the 4th time that I have attempted this program. I find that it isn't especially challenging, I just seem to have a bit of A.D.D with it. So the goal here is to complete at least 85% of all workouts. If I miss a day, then I'll be making up a day later in the week.



That's it. I begin tomorrow morning at 0600. As I stated earlier, I'll be working out in the morning and in the evening. Since most of these videos are an hour long, I'll do the main program in the morning and come home in the evening to do a skill building exercise and abs. On weight training days I'll be doing some cardio in the evening which will be walking, or hitting the heavy bag for a while. On cardio days I'll be working on push ups, pull ups, abs, etc.


All this being said, I'm going to try to do a daily update...we'll see how that goes.



3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Matt! I know this will be a challenging task, but now that you've set your mind to it, I see you being very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sugar free red bull in the jager bombs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to start pestering you about updating the blog! Good luck and let us know how Day One goes!

    ReplyDelete