Monday, January 25, 2010

I. Want. To. Die.

Short one today. Here was today's WOD:

Five Rounds for time of:
Row 500 Meters
135# Thrusters, 7 reps

And of course, the Matt-is-fat-and-out-of-shape-scale-down:

Five rounds for time of:
30# Sumo-Dead lift High Pulls-50 reps
60# Thrusters-7 reps

For those of you who are curious, here is a sumo-dead lift high pull: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_SDHP.mov (for you non-mac people: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_SDHP.wmv).

I'm still sore from yesterday's workout, and this one pushed my cardio to the limit. I intentionally avoided heavy weights because I would have lost good form (I'm still teaching myself some of these movements). Admittedly, I could have done the SDHP's at 45#. But 30# nearly beat me to death. Again, it became all about meeting that wall and pushing through it. I hit the wall at the end of the first round. I thought to myself, "You can stop at 3 rounds, man...it'll be ok." But I didn't, I pushed through it. Granted, I took some breaks. But I figured breathing was probably OK. I ended up finishing the WOD in a little over 47 minutes. That's a really long time for a CF WOD. I'm not proud of the time, but I'm proud that I did 5 rounds. At least that was as prescribed.

No comments:

Post a Comment