Saturday, January 23, 2010

This is for you, Uncle Steve

See, Uncle Steve, I told you I would update.

I have done a full 3-day rotation of the main site WOD this week. Very much looking forward to the rest day tomorrow. If I think about it, I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow to see if I lost any.

I kind of abandoned the diet last week due to my birthday festivities. I think that my body was really letting me know that I should not do that again until my next birthday. But that chicken fried steak was delicious!

On Wednesday the WOD was 100 burpee pull-ups. That is a burpee and then you do a pull-up. Well, I cannot do burpee pull-ups on a total gym, so I decided to just do 100 burpees. For time. I was feeling pretty good about them for the first 10 reps, then I had to take a bit of a breather. On number 11, I could really feel it. Usually burpees make me dizzy, but they didn't this time around. By 15, I decided that I would only do 50 burpees. At 25, I couldn't get up. Wow, I am out of shape.

Thursday's WOD was 3 rounds of 10 Clean & Jerks and 30 sit ups (for time). The prescribed weight on the C&J was 135. I ended up going with 60 in order to maintain proper form. I can definitely feel the stabilizer muscles on the front of my shoulders today. And my abs are really sore today...probably has something to do with the 110 situps I did (3x30+20(in warm-up)).

Today's WOD was 50 double unders and 50 back extensions, 3 rounds for time. Double unders are jump rope, but you jump once and the rope goes under your feet twice. I am very large, thus the force of gravity does not allow me to stay in the air long enough to complete this. So I just did 50 regular jump ropes. And I did 60# deadlifts for the back extensions because we don't have a proper GHD machine and back extensions hurt my neck.

Well, the plan for this week is to also start working on a skill before completing the WOD as well. By skill I mean getting my body used to doing the Olympic lifts, push-ups, double unders, and pull-ups (when the pull-up station is complete). I am also planning on sticking to paleo this week. Didn't do so well at that this week (today especially).

Anyway, it's 110 in the am, and I'm going to bed. Peace out all.

No comments:

Post a Comment